The participant is a 71 year old male, first diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and secondaries in the bone in 1994. The standard of care medical treatment used for treatment was Radiotherapy and the medication Androcur and Zoladex. TBs present medications are Zocor and Losec. The usual diet consisted of Meat, Fish, Vegetables and Fruit and he reported using Nutra Sweet as a sugar replacement. At the beginning of the trial reported that he felt his health condition was gradually worsening.
Main Presenting Issues Include.
Insomnia; Loss of appetite; Physical ache and pains; Constipation; Fear.
Verbal reports were as follows:
5th May 2005
1. Used the Mind-Body healing CD and hip pain that had been predominant for three years disappeared first night and did not return.
2. Usual tiredness reported as about the same.
3. Bowel motions, improved a little. (Participant has suffered constipation for three years).
12th May 2005
1. Hip pain still gone, reported that pain suffered in both wrists for three years was also much less for rather long periods of time.
2. Sleeping much better with the use of the Mind-Body healing CD.
3. Bowel motions remained a little better.
4. Participant fell and sprained ankle, reported that it was painful and that he was fearful that if he had broken the ankle, it may not heal. Immediate medical investigations report only a sprain and walking required the assistance of a cane.
19th May 2005
1. Wrist pain improving gradually and now the right wrist was more painful of the two, especially in the morning, left wrist now pain free.
2. Hips still pain free.
3. Ankle feeling much better.
4. CD is working very well and assisting deep sleeps.
5. Generally feeling fantastic.
31st May 2005
1. Ankle pain gone now (no longer any use for the cane).
2. All elimination systems working much better (previous constipation gone)
3. Sleeping deeper and for longer, awakening in the morning feeling refreshed.
4. After session on 19th May, walked up and down 100 hundred steps with no difficulty or discomfort whatsoever (carried cane just in case).
5. Both wrists now feeling fine, pain gone.
9th June 2005
1. Sleeping like a log every night.
2. No pain or discomfort anywhere in the body.
3. Elimination systems (defecation) fine now.
4. Physical energy has improved considerably.
5. Motivation has improved significantly.
6. Generally feels much better and much happier.
16th June 2005
1. Sleep still much improved.
2. Energy levels and motivation still improved
3. Hip pain gone sine first session and never returned.
4. Very mild pain in left wrist and left ankle, also both knees, knee and ankle pain exacerbatedby walking up and down stairs.
Final Assessment completed on 16th June 2005.
His opinions of the trial:
“I think this has been very worthwhile indeed, and there has definitely been significant improvements in my sleeping, much much less pain, and much more energy. Generally I just feel much better. I must admit that at the beginning I was a sceptic now I am convinced there is something very valid in all of this”.